Monday, March 3, 2008

Universal LifeStiles: Tom Pomeranz

Working in this field allows you many educational opportunities through various conferences, trainings, work shops, newsletters, committees...the list goes on. Someone I feel who's ideas and general approach to "how" services should be provided and the attitude, knowledge and ethical vestment to which providers of services should adhere - is Tom Pomeranz.

I attended one of Tom's trainings over 2 years ago and use daily the skills I obtained through it.

If you provide direct services to people with disabilities, I highly recommend Tom's MAXIMS as a "must read". I've provided a helpful link in the "Useful Links" section of this blog to Tom's MAXIMS.

Although to get the most from the MAXIMS, one should really attend a training. I feel it remains beneficial for people to review them regardless. Some are so simple and so effective, further explanation shouldn't be needed.

There is much more to be learned from Tom's "Universal Enhancement" and other resources found on his site and in his training - details of which Tom will gladly answer.

I hope you find the information you find at Tom's site as useful as I have.

Any questions may be directed to: rsi5@srt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment